Thursday, January 18, 2024

Friday, January 19

I'm a creature of habit so, when I find a pattern in my life, I tend to follow it.  I stumbled across Noel Phillips' videos  on Youtube so I will continue to watch them until something better comes along.  Youtube, of course, knows this and presents me each morning with another one in the series; but not in the right order.  This morning, Noel was in Sydney.  I've no idea how he got there but he was waiting to board an Air Calin flight to Noumea.  Air Calin is, apparently, the national airline of New Caledonia.  Noel was flying Business Class.

From Noumea, he was planning to fly on to Singapore and Japan.  Half his luck!.  Now, my generation always dresses for a flight: long trousers, proper shoes and socks, collared shirt, and so on - especially if we are in Business Class.  But Noel was in a t-shirt and shorts!  How does he expect to taken seriously if he dresses like a beach bum?

The 'plane was great, as you would expect, and Noel was full of praise - until they arrived in Noumea and he discovered his bag wasn't on the 'plane.  Instead of taking it as a hazard of flying, he started to whinge - full-on, no holds barred, whinge!  You can see why pommies have this reputation.  Noel's whinge was world class.  Air Calin were sympathetic and gave him an 'emergency bag' containing toothbrush and other bits and pieces and promised his bag, when found, would be sent off to his home n Houston;

Any other person would have accepted the reality, although maybe a Yank would have roared a bit, but that's one of the joys of travel.  He was heading to Singapore, for goodness sake where you can buy anything you want at the airport for Asian prices.  Throughout his whinge, he criticised the airline even though he acknowledged they had no control over the baggage-handlers in Sydney.  You'd think an experienced traveller like Mr Phillips would have been more understanding.  And, he knows he'll get compensation.

I was getting tired of his sickly grin, anyway, so I'll look for someone else to watch


No comments:

Post a Comment