Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Thursday, February 1

 The start of a new month but little change in our day-to-day activities.  Marilyn decided she would celebrate the beginning of the month with a change of bedding. I can cope with the weekly change of sheets but today's event included quilt covers, etc.  The covers on both beds were stripped off and consigned to the laundry while more summery covers were retrieved from the linen cupboard.  My arms are longer so it's my job to feed the doonas into the covers, stretching the extremities into the corners and buttoning them up.  Yes, they have buttons.  I don't do buttons any more. I got rid of all my buttoned shirt but forgot to extend the ban to doona covers.  My clumsy fingers struggled but, eventually, the job was complete and I must admit the brighter, more summery colours certainly look good.

When I was watering this morning, I avoided the bushes around the little lawn at the back.  The grass grows so quickly in this weather that it needs frequent attention and I decided today would be mowing day, so no water to make the job more difficult.

However, by mid-morning the wind had got up and it was  a good excuse to put the job off until things quieten down.  It doesn't get dark until late so I can probably string this along for another couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment