Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Wednesday, January 24

I was up this morning at my usual time of 7 o'clock.  I enjoy this time of the day; I make myself a coffee, read my book or watch some rubbish on YouTube while Marilyn enjoys her time to herself, sitting comfortably in bed with a coffee and book as well.  It's great that our preferred morning activities fit so well together and one doesn't impinge on the other.  I didn't bother with the TV this morning so my eye was caught by movement outside the front window.  A large truck had driven in and stopped just opposite the house.  On the door of the truck was the cryptic slogan "Garage Door Solutions."

And I remembered:  today was the day when the garage door was to have its annual check-up.  I know, it sounds daft.  If it ain't broke, why fix it?  However, it's better not to be caught with a jammed door when we need the car in a hurry.

Two young men got out and I knew by their big yellow boots that they were real tradesnem..  They. might have been there half an hour, reassured me that everything was as it should be and left. One of them, clearly the boss, informed me in detail what they had done but, as usual with technical matters none of it stuck so I just thanked them.

The weather is looking good and I've been told the blackberries are 'on' at the local berry farm so I might make a trip there later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment