Monday, January 22, 2024

Tuesday, January 23

I woke early this morning and made myself a cup of coffee while thinking about my plans for the day.  It's a bit colder and the grass is wet so I don't have to bother watering the plants.  The lawn needs a mow but it will need to dry out a bit before I can attack that.  I have a little patch of concrete still to be katchered but that's a job for later in the day; the neighbours don't appreciate industrial noise too early in the morning.

I took Marilyn a cup of coffee and she settled down to read her book.  She relishes her hour in the morning, tucked up in bed with her book.  Before I could get involved in anything, Jamie arrived to drop Archie off for the day.  He always allows am hour or so for a chat before he rushes off and he was able to help with a problem I was having downloading a photograph from the internet.  Lewis Carroll, who wrote Alice in Wonderland, was one of the UK's first photographers, and his favourite subject was Alice Liddell, the daughter of a colleague.  I want to talk about this when my Poetry group starts up and I need a photograph as an illustration.

By the time we had our chat and sorted out the download, it's 11.30 and he's just gone.  I won't bother starting a job before lunch so I pick up my puzzle book while Marilyn potters in the kitchen.  If I play my cards right, I might manage to get through the day without doing too much at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment