Sunday, January 7, 2024

Monday, January 8

 I was woken early this morning by the sound of wild weather outside: strong winds and rain, and somewhere in the house a blind was flapping.  Marilyn nudged me and stated the obvious so I staggered out and went looking for the problem.  It was just the blind in the bathroom so easily remedied.  The weather has been so hot we've taken to sleeping with the windows and the back door open.

As I slowly came awake I realised it was our 58th wedding anniversary and clearly the elements had conspired to remind me early.  Of course my mind is full of memories and things I want to say but, typically, I avoid the heartfelt thoughts that come to mind and fall back on the trite, throwaway lines that reveal nothing.  The overwhelming thought is how fortunate I am to have enjoyed this life with a remarkable soulmate. I wouldn't choose to be anyone else in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment