Friday, January 5, 2024

Saturday, January 6

Marilyn's in the shower and I'm scribbling this note as we get ready for our lunch out to celebrate our anniversary.  Our friends, Steen and Claire were keen to go to Stillwater Restaurant and we're happy to go with the flow. We haven't been there for years and, in the meantime it has acquired a reputation of being a bit posh so, to avoid any surprises, I looked up their menu on the internet.

As you'd expect, nothing is served with chips and salad and they've tapped into the idea of regional flavours with such delicacies as Mt Zero olives, Cape Grim beef and Lenah wallaby wings.  Even our town gets a mention with Longford scotch fillet in honour of the local MeatWorks.  There's such exotic fare as quinoa, kohlrabi, vadouvan lentils and witlof. I'm not sure what witlof is but I check it on the internet and am informed it is Belgian endive.  What is endive?  Who cares.

I'll probably stick with local and have Longford scotch fillet, charred corn salsa, chat potato, chimichurri sauce.  I note that it's (gf) and that can only be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment