Sunday, January 14, 2024

Monday, January 15

 It's another pleasant day in Longford and we haven't anything organised to distract us.  Tomorrow, we had planned to head to Deloraine for a Garden Party and I would normally have taken my celebrated fruit platter, but we're having second thoughts.  We haven't been involved in the Deloraine Probus Club for many months and we feel we have to cut the ties some time.  It's a long drive and we have other ways of entertaining ourselves.

When Jamie popped in yesterday, he brought us each a side of a favourite filipino cake.  It's bright purple made from a yam they cultivate called ube (oo-bay).  It's very sweet and Marilyn avoids it so I was forced to eat two slices - shame.  Even though Nera is making a very good life for herself here, she still clings on to the traditions of the Philippines.  I suppose it's no different to the Poms and Scots who came here in the 40s, joining pipe bands, eating stovies and drinking whisky.  I'm certainly not complaining as I always get my share of the nice things the filipino community produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment