Friday, June 17, 2022

Saturday, June 18

I'm falling into a routine in the morning: I'm generally out of bed by 7, breakfast while watching a Youtube video of somebody traveling around, and then off to the gym for my regular workout. I like to get to the gym by 8.30, if I can, because it starts getting busy after that when the local ladies turn up for their exercise classes.

It only takes me about 30 minutes to complete my routine but that will be extended, I suspect, when the fitness instructor checks my progress on Monday.  We'll see.

Later:  there were just three people in the gym this morning: me and another bloke and a young woman.  Nobody bothered to speak, just a nod to acknowledge each other's existence and we got about our business. One wall of the gym is glass and looks out over the local football field where, clearly,  a match is to be held this morning.  The electronic scoreboard has been switched on and there are various flags set out.  The weather is a little damp and there are obvious wet spots on the ground.  The local team is called the Longford Tigers and I hope they are good in the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment