Monday, June 27, 2022

Tuesday, June 28

 I spent an hour on the phone yesterday - on hold!  I wanted to organise the Travel Insurance for our trip and, realising that most agencies won't touch those of us of advanced age, I rang Probus South Pacific.  They guarantee that they can provide cover for their members no matter how frail and decrepit they are.  In fact, they are simply agents for Allianz, one of the big players in the business.

I tried to work through the on-line application form first but it didn't want to accept where I was going (Mystery Island? Que?) and in the list of things covered 'Cruises' had a cross beside it.  There was nothing for it but to get on-line.

I wasn't lied to: a disembodied voice told me they were having 'bigger than expected' demand and 'significant delays' but I had nothing else to do so held on.  An hour, though, is a bit ridiculous. 

Eventually I had to go back to the on-line form.  When it asked for destination, I typed in Australia - not a lie, we're flying to Brisbane first - filled in other details and a box popped up 'Are you going on a cruise?' How did they know?  I ticked that box  and was asked 'Where are you going?"  I told them and a quote appeared.  Seemed reasonable so I ticked the box, paid the fee and sat back. satisfied.

I hope nothing goes wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment