Saturday, June 18, 2022

Sunday, June 19

Covid still stalks our streets with over 1300 deaths in the past few weeks but people are deciding that we just have to learn to live with it.  Marilyn tentatively suggested yesterday that perhaps it's time for us to look at a proper holiday.  I think we were in Wollongong at the end of 2019 but I can't remember when we were last overseas.  It was certainly before 2019.  We had Christmas in the Philippines one year and our last cruise was to Papua New Guinea but I can't work out when that was.

Anyway, the seed has been planted in my mind and I've turned to the internet for ideas.  Cruising is always an option and the operators have reassured us they have cleaned up their act and it is just as safe as being at home.  There's any number of cruises leaving Sydney in December and one of them could be an option. And, our grand-daughter who lives in Brisbane now has three children and we haven't seen two of them so a trip up north might be a possibility.

I would love to get back to Japan or New Zealand but they might call for a bit more fitness than I can muster at the moment.  Senior citizens clearly see cruising as the best fit for the less fit, but we'll see what comes of all of this.

My preference, of course, is for people to come and visit us but nobody has yet bitten the bullet.

No comments:

Post a Comment