Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Wednesday, June 8

Well, I find myself home alone!  Marilyn received a call yesterday afternoon from the Electoral Commission offering her a couple of days work in completing the allocation of preferences.  There was no hesitation and she has been walking around with a wide grin ever since.  That's great, and I'm delighted for her.  I'll just have to occupy myself while she's off having fun.

The real worry is that, more and more, I am noticing signs that the world is coming to an end.  Oh, the signs are subtle but, little by little, our confidence in how things ought to be is being challenged.  Just this morning there was another little chink announced, chipping away at the facade of civilisation as we know it.

It seems there is a shortage of lettuce so KFC is using cabbage as a substitute on their burgers.  Cabbage!! The development of the KLFC burger has taken years to develop and it's dangerous to fiddle with a winning formula.

Of course, it was first announced on Sky so it could be fake news.  And maybe Rupert has cornered the cabbage market and this is his way of maximising his profits.

No comments:

Post a Comment