Thursday, August 18, 2022

Friday, August 19

I'm all prepared for my presentation to the Poetry Group this morning although I must confess to being a little anxious.  You'd think that being a teacher for 45 years would prepare you for this kind os stuff but I have to confess I'm a bit nervous.  My classmates are intelligent, cultured, erudite and knowledgeable about poetry and I can't help wondering what they'll think about my selection.  Also, it's become the trend for presenters to include at least one piece of their own writing and I'm very unsure about that.

The self-written poems we've seen so far have been a bit of a mixed bag: traditional rhyming stuff, or post modern, complex, unintelligible ramblings.  I write poems like Henry Lawson or Banjo Paterson: they rhyme, they tell a story and they make no pretensions to be literature.

I have printed one of my own poems but I won't reveal it unless I have run out of stuff to fill in the last 15 minutes.

I'll be glad when it's over and I can get my bag packed for our trip to Sydney tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment