Monday, August 15, 2022

Tuesday, August 16

I tell myself that I only read the on-line newspaper for the political news or things that have some specific significance.  But, that doesn't stop me jumping on a story this morning which teased me with the headline: 'How to buy socks that last'.  How could I resist? Marilyn tells me that 'I like socks' and, by this, she means that I can't resist buying socks which catch my attention even though I have dozens of pairs just like it in my wardrobe.

Most people like me would have a 'sock drawer' but we live in a modern house where drawers are passe; our clothes live in a built-in wardrobe in our bedroom where I use baskets of various sizes to keep my clothes in order.  I keep my socks in three baskets: white, coloured and thick (especially for winter).  My sock purchases are not always successful and I think I've mentioned before the Nordic Sock Fiasco of 2022.

The article this morning told me that 'the purpose of the sock should dictate the blend of materials and weave'.  Music to my ears.  It went on to talk about blends of yarns, terry cushioning  and moisture-wicking fibres.  How sexy is that!

I think I'll print the article for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment