Saturday, August 6, 2022

Sunday, August 7

It's very sad news that Judith Durham has died.  She is a genuine contemporary of mine, having been born in the same year.  The other connection is that she spent part of her childhood in Hobart, attending Fahan School in Sandy Bay.

Here's a good idea: wouldn't it be great if the government, in her honour, started the process of changing our National Anthem to We Are Australian.

I mentioned I've been reading about Alan Cummings, the actor.  I was very impressed with his first book, Not My Father's Son about how he coped with his abusive father and survived to make his way in the world.  I'm now reading Baggage and I've discovered that I don't like him very much at all.  What a self-centred, hedonistic individual he is.  I probably won't bother reading any more about how he picks up handsome young men for late-night flings.  Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment