Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Wednesday, August 10

I'm getting into quite a routine with my mornings. I like to leave the house by 8.30 to get to the gym before it gets busy and that gives Marilyn time to get herself organised and have breakfast before I come back.  There was a heavy frost last night and the garbage trucks were out and about and I headed up the hill for my morning workout.  The garbos must be pleased that we've left the days behind where they used to run around the streets in their shorts and football jerseys throwing the garbage bins into the back of the truck being driven slowly around by their mate.

I've extended the number of repetitions I do of my exercises but I still manage to get them done in about the same time.  I'm either getting faster or I'm not putting as much oomph into them as I once did. No matter, as long as they're done and I can get back for my breakfast.

As I drove into the driveway I noticed one of the bins has been emptied so the system is working.  There's a nice smell from the kitchen and Marilyn says, "Would you like a fried cheese sandwich?  And I'll get you to mash these bananas; I'm making a banana bread."

As Browning wrote:

'God's in His heaven, All's right with the world.'

No comments:

Post a Comment