Thursday, August 4, 2022

Friday, August 5

I'm reading a memoir written by Alan Cummings, the actor.  I have read it before but it's worth a second look.  It's called Not My Father's Son.  He was brought up on a large property in Scotland where his father was a forester, and a violent, sadistic man who abused his wife and children.  It's not an easy book to read but it's good to see how someone can overcome a bad start in life to make something of themselves.

I need to follow up Alan's story by finding the Who Do You Think You Are episode which covers his background and some of his more recent TV shows.  We saw him recently in a show where he and Miriam Margolyes travelled around Scotland in a camper van revisiting places from their background, and really enjoyed it.  I've already found two series of Instinct so we'll have to find time to watch that.  So much to see, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment