Friday, November 18, 2022

Friday, November 18

It's the final day of our stint at the Exams.  We're both working this morning but I have the afternoon off which will give me a chance to get to my Writing Group.  Marilyn is rostered on and she's pleased about that.

While I'm at the Writing, Jamie texts to suggest he picks me up and we can go out for a coffee.  That suits me as my alternative plans were to sit in a shady spot somewhere until Marilyn was finished.  It's particularly hot today.

Marilyn and I have both done 7 sessions, plus the training.  We're paid a flat rate for each and it's a handy little sum.  In previous years we might have put it to a holiday but those days are gone.  Apart from the ever-lurking Covid, we're just not motivated to go to all the trouble of packing and sitting jammed in plane seats.

And, talking of Covid; another 800 passengers on a Princess ship have succumbed to the the dread disease.  I hope they think their holiday was worth it.  I'm glad we've cancelled our cruise.  You can see it all on You tube anyway and we don't have to wear a mask in our own lounge room.


No comments:

Post a Comment