Monday, November 14, 2022

Tuesday, November 15

I haven't gone to work today.  Last night, going to bed, I had a sneezing fit.  I had taken an anti-histamine earlier but its hadn't helped.  It was just as well I had a large box of tissues. beside me  This morning, I felt no better; I had a sore throat, a runny nose and constant sneezing.  I convinced myself that I had Covid and was on the decline.

So, this is how it ends, I thought? At my age, death is always looking over my shoulder but, surely, it's not going to come in such an appalling way: coughing, sneezing and spluttering.  With a heavy heart, I took the RAT test and waited 20 minutes for the red line to appear ... but it didn't!  Negative!

I still didn't go to work.  The kids didn't need to deal with my constant sneezing and clearing of my throat. The Supervisor wasn't happy but that can't be helped.  And I survive to live another day, as they say in the classics.

No comments:

Post a Comment