Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Thursday, November 24

I think my last couple of posts had the wrong date on them but who cares.  I know today is Thursday and the fact that it is designated the 24th is simply for convenience.  If I called it something else, it wouldn't make any difference.

I've mentioned before that it's bird-nesting season here.  The other day, I noticed a goldfinch outside the window and he seemed to be gathering cobwebs from some shelves.  He hovered and gathered them up in his beak and flew off.  It seems that several small birds use cobwebs to line their nests.  Jamie has a large nest made of sticks and mud in the corner of his carport.  He rang the other day to say that four chicks had hatched and their heads were sticking out of the top of the nest with bright yellow beaks wide open.

Archie now has to be taken to the yard on his lead in case he gets too excited and frightens the parent-birds away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment