Friday, September 27, 2024

Saturday, September 28

 It was 20 degrees in our loungeroom this morning when I wandered through.  20 degrees!  And we still have the winter doona on the bed.  Looking out the window and seeing the blue sky and hearing the sound of a multitude of birds, I could almost be convinced that summer is here.  Turning to facebook, I find a post from the local Berry farm, informing us that they have planted hundreds of new strawberry plants and the blackberries look like being the best for years.

Everything seems to be conspiring to lift our spirits and put the gloomy days of winter behind us.

Not much is organised for today.  Marilyn wants me to water some plants we have stacked against the wall of the house to protect them from frost and the windows could do with a wash.

We'll see how we go.  I don't like to rush these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment