Monday, September 23, 2024

Tuesday, September 24

 One of the first jobs each morning is to check the messages on my phone to see what is happening in the world.  I'm not a fan of social media so it is rare for me to respond but, every now and then, I feel obliged to make a comment .  I suppose it alerts people to the fact that I'm still alive and that can only be a good thing.  Among this morning's collection were messages from friends in the Philippines, which I might or might not answer, earnest pleas from local Longford residents with something to sell, videos of cute dogs and children, exhortations to buy new miraculous cures for almost anything and snippets of history from some group called Old Historical Life.  Maybe they'll be writing about me one day.

In the last few days, I've been idly looking at new beds, the kind which have built in mechanisms to heave you out in the morning.  Since then, I've been swamped with dozens of options, all with easy repayment options.  How can they survive?  Anybody who buys a bed like that will likely be old and decrepit.  They're offering terms like $37.50 per month on a $5000 bed.  You're likely to be dead before you pay it off!

Richard Osman has a new book out and there's a picture of him grinning at the camera while holding up a copy. and there's also a new Indian restaurant opening, somewhere, with a special Family Feast at just $49 per head (minimum of four customers in the group).

You don't have to work hard to know what's going on in the world; the world is brought to your fingertips if you're at all interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment