Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Wednesday, September 11

 I don't know why I missed writing to the blog yesterday; I probably had nothing to say but that's not unusual.  In that case, I usually waffle on about the weather or something else inconsequential. However, it didn't happen and we move on.

Marilyn and are off to the Men's Probus Annual Luncheon.  It sounds very grandiose but it's held at the Bowls Club and probably served by some of the Lady Bowlers volunteering their time to raise money for some new mats or something.  And, it's $40 a head which seems a bit steep.  But, heigh-ho, it's only money.

I'm starting to regret joining this local club.  If I'd realised that, as I get older I'm getting more anti-social, I might have saved myself some bother. And then to take on the job of Secretary, I must have been mad!  The next election of officers is not until March so I'll have to hold on until then.

We have an appointment at the hairdressers before the lunch and Marilyn is signalling to me that it's time to go,

No comments:

Post a Comment