Saturday, September 14, 2024

Sunday, September 15

I've finally worked out the significance of September 14th: it's my grand-daughter, Madeleine's, birthday.  What reminded me was Marilyn asking me to transfer her some money to buy herself a present.  It's probably not as significant a world event as Bill Tilden winning the 1929 US Open Tennis but I should've remembered.  Apparently, Jamie is trying to arrange for her to bring the kids down to Tasmania before Christmas but the logistics of that are immense, not to mention the cost.  The days are gone when we might have flown up to see them and we have to console ourselves with the occasional 'phone call.

Of course, when they're old enough they might fly on their own.  Madeleine used to visit us by herself from 8 years old, flying to Hobart without a qualm.  Great days!


No comments:

Post a Comment