Friday, March 17, 2023

Saturday, March 18

The gym was very quiet this morning when I got there.  Nobody had bothered to turn on the lights and the huge TV was silent.  There were a couple of people working away without much enthusiasm.  By the time I finished my routine I was alone, so I wound up and crept out, leaving the place to the ghosts.

Archie gave me his usual greeting when I arrived home, barking furiously as if I was a burglar or homicidal maniac.  As I opened the door he rushed off to find one of his soft toys in the hope that I might play a game with him.  Breakfast first, though.

This afternoon, we're driving down to Deloraine to help a couple friends celebrate the husband's 80th birthday.  Steen and Clare aren't very social and weren't interested in a party but we hoped we might convince them to come out for lunch with us.  However, the invitation was Come for a chat and to drink some port. Sounds OK to me but Marilyn might turn her nose up at the port.

I decided to give up drinking two or three years ago and I've been pretty good.  However, I was given a bottle of Haigs Dimple for my birthday and it seems a shame to waste it so I've been having a wee drop with Dry Ginger Ale in the evenings and really enjoying it.  I've finished the bottle and now have to buy a replacement.  Since the last time I looked, they've reduced the size of the bottles from 750ml to 700ml. What's that all about?  Did they reduce the price as well?  

In any case, Dimple is a bit expensive to be mixing with a $1 bottle of Dry Ginger so I'll look for something a bit less pricey.

No comments:

Post a Comment