Monday, March 13, 2023

Tuesday, March 14

 Our car is booked in for repairs on Thursday.  I was backing out of the garage on the weekend of my birthday when the right wing mirror clipped the edge of the roll-a-door.  I've backed out a thousand times with no worries but cut it a little fine this time.  Of course a wing mirror is a very complex part of the vehicle so it separated into a myriad of pieces: mirror, shell, housing, small electric motor, and so on.

Marilyn reminded me that she always turns the mirrors in when she enters and leaves the garage (that's what the electric motor is for) but I'm confident that I'm a capable enough driver that I won't clip the sides by mistake. Until I'm not!

To her credit, Marilyn reassures me that I was distracted by someone in the car talking but she's only trying to make me feel better.  I know I was careless and will just have to wear the blame.

I tried to have it put back together but to no avail so I've had to make a claim on my insurance.  Happily, they haven't raised any objection and the local repairer tells me they'll need it of a week.  And it will only cost me $300 for the excess.  Bugger!

Luckily, we've had the use of Jamie's car while he and Nera are on the mainland.  It's a very nice Nissan 4WD station wagon and we're certainly enjoying the extra space.

No comments:

Post a Comment