Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Wednesday, March 22

The weather has changed and it's a bit cooler today. We had rain overnight which is a good thing because, while we have hot and dry days,  I've been having to water the garden at Hadspen as well as my own.  It's not a big job but I'd rather find something else to do in that time.

I'm a bit better organised this week and have already written my story for Friday's Writing Group.  The only one of the three topics I could even imagine writing about was A Tree in a Meadow.  It's an uninspiring story about a lovelorn 16-year old who carves his girlfriend's initials into the tree and is surprised at her negative reaction.

The topics are supposed to be taken from the titles of songs but I've never heard of A Tree in a Meadow.  I'll have to look it up.

I've just checked Google and it was first released in 1948 when I was just 5 years old.  It's been sung by Frank Sinatra and dozens of others.  You learn something new every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment