Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Thursday, March 2

It's Marilyn's birthday today but she insists that it not be celebrated.  We've been to Stickybeaks for lunch and are now just enjoying the warm afternoon and some unexpected silence.

My Writing Group returns tomorrow and I am expected to write a story to share.  I decided to write about the chooks which have moved in next door and are disturbing our equilibrium.  I finished it last night, printed it out and put it in my folder to take to the meeting.

Marilyn and I woke a little later this morning.  It was eerily quiet and we couldn't put our finger on what was different,  I happened to glance over the back fence and the chook yard was abandoned!  It was bereft of chooks!

For whatever reason, overnight the chooks disappeared.

I've added a postscript to my story, to say that the chooks have moved on,  and will read it to the group with a new sense of fulfilment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment