Saturday, March 25, 2023

Saturday, March 26

There's some kind of football carnival on today at the local oval which is next door to the gym I go to.  I can do my exercises while being entertained by the activities on the ground outside.  It was all kids today.  They divided the oval up into three smaller playing fields and the kids were charging up and down having a wonderful time.

I wondered how the organisers had managed to divide an oval ground into three appropriate playing areas.  Surely the ones on the end would have steeply curved sides.  But I don't have to worry about that.

I couldn't help but notice that most of the cars parked around the oval were large four-wheel drives and that ties in with a newspaper article I read this week that informed me that the biggest selling motor vehicle in Australia is once again the large, gas-guzzling 4WD 'family' wagon.  The people advocating for cutting emissions must be tearing their hair out.

But I won't worry about that this morning.  Marilyn and I are meeting friends today for a lunchtime picnic and we'll travel there in Jamie's quite large gas-guzzling 4WD wagon. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment