Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Wednesday, March 15

We had a busy day organised so we didn't linger in bed.  Marilyn had to get a blood test at the local surgery so I dropped her off on my way to the gym, and picked her up afterwards.  After a quick breakfast, I set off to the local Berry Farm to pick what I thought would be the last blackberries of the season and was disappointed when there was a large 'CLOSED' sign on the gate.  Clearly, the farmer decided the last. berries had been picked a day to two before.

Leah arrives at 11 for her fortnightly stint at the housework so we'll head off to Hadspen to check that all is well at Jamie and Nera's.  Marilyn feeds the fish while I water the garden. They have a gardener who comes in to do the lawns and any pruning but it is my job to see that the plants have a drink.  It's also a good chance for Archie to see his real home and check out all his special areas.

This afternoon, I have to write my story for Friday's Writing Group. I usually have it done by this stage but I can't even settle on a topic.  The tutor gives us a choice of three but we can decide for ourselves if we don't like any of his ideas.  He's using song titles at the moment so last week I wrote on The Five O'Clock Whistle and today it will probably be Five Strong Winds which is the best of a pretty uninspiring lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment