Sunday, July 10, 2022

Monday, July 11

 If I'm lucky and get the gym to myself in the morning, my only contact with a living creature is with a White-facd Heron which hangs about on the football oval outside the window.  I can't say he is a delight to watch because he doesn't do anything.  He might be perched on the top of a container which sits near the grandstand, or be standing motionless close to the middle of the ground but he doesn't seem to be feeding or even looking for something to eat.

And why is he here?  Surely his natural habitat is a creek or river and we have both of those within a short flight.  I gather he lives on frogs and small fish and there wouldn't be many of those around Longford Park.  If he's looking for a mate, he could probably find a better place.  Or has he come here to die?

It's a mystery.

He wasn't there this morning and I'm starting to worry that something has happened to him.  I won't rest easy until I now that he is back.


No comments:

Post a Comment