Sunday, July 24, 2022

Monday, July 25

 It's cold and foggy this morning in Longford.  Archie was reluctant to go outside for his morning wee but with a little encouragement. he complied and is now sitting on his electric blanket looking sorry for himself.  My phone app tells me it's 5 degrees but I think it's wrong.

It's mornings like this when I'm glad I'm retired.  In the old days, my alarm would have gone off at 6.00 and I would have staggered out for a shower before I was fully awake.  I was driving the school bus in my last few years and so I would have had to be aware of icy patches on the roads and lunatic drivers who ignored the conditions and put the foot down.

Now, I have the luxury of turning over and going back to sleep if the mood strikes me.  Luckily, though, I have a healthy streak of Scottish puritanism and want to stick to my routine of being up and about by 7, with porridge on the plate by 7.15.  I will postpone my gym visit until later to let the outside air get a little warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment