Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Thursday, July 21

I've just typed the date at the top of the page: carefully, because I don't want there to be any mistakes.  It's as if today has some special significance; as if, in 100 year's time, someone will sift through the ashes of our civilisation to see what scribes have written about it, this momentous day when the world changed.

It's early yet but my guess is that today will be just one more day like literally millions of others.  I don't expect there to be any momentous event, like the second coming of Jesus, will occur this afternoon.  But you never know.  If I'm proven wrong and something significant occurs, I hope I will be able to add to this post so that I can feel that I have kept up my end of some bargain.  In the meantime, I'll just go about today as it it were no different to any other day, but in the hope that I will be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment