Monday, July 25, 2022

Tuesday, July 26

Most of the people who go to the gym are there alone so there's not much conversation that goes on.  The awful music fills the void.  I've mentioned before the group of three men who seem to appear every time I'm there.  Two of them are tall and are clever at making the right impression of dedicated athletes.  They wear muscle shirts  with sleeves cut off, track suit pants with the right logo and branded shoes.  One of them even has fingerless leather gloves to complement his outfit.  The third man, though, is a bit of a misfit: he wears ordinary t-shirts, tracky pants and generic sports shoes.  He's shorter than the other two but he seems to make an honest effort to do the same exercises as his mates.  

He let himself down a bit this morning, though, when he blurted out, "I have a bit of a tickle in my glutes."  I'm sure it's a genuine complaint and often suffered by weightlifters but it made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment