Friday, July 29, 2022

Saturday, July 30

It was minus 3 degrees at 7 o'clock this morning when I went through to put on the air conditioner.  I know that the recommendation is to leave it on 24 hours a day but I see no value in heating the whole house when we're in bed.  Marilyn normally stays in bed with a cup of coffee while I get organised but the bedroom was cold so she retreated to the lounge room when it was warm enough.

I had my usual quick breakfast and started off for the gym.  "Enjoy it!" she said, as she started on her second cup of coffee.  Enjoy it?  I certainly don't go for enjoyment.  If I wanted enjoyment, I'd be going to the movies.  I think she does it to upset me, knowing that I resent every second of heaving and lifting and bending and stretching.  But, it will be worth it in the end (?).

I missed the news that McDonalds was no longer in Russia, apparently as a response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.  It's good to see that even the ultimate capitalist has some scruples.  Anyway, some mate of Putin's has taken over the old McDonald's restaurants and started a new chain called Vkusno and Tochka.  There are several ways to translate that; the company prefers 'Tasty, and That's it!' but others have suggested 'Tasty, fullstop!" or even 'Tasty, No Difference'.   Maybe I should have that motto put on a t-shirt.

Of course, the only important thing is that a new oligarch has been anointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment