Friday, July 1, 2022

Saturday, July 2

My plan for this morning was to have a leisurely breakfast and spend a bit of time putting together may thoughts for this blog, but Marilyn had other ideas.  Before I'd finished my first coffee, she was up and ready to put together our on-line order for Coles.  Somehow, we didn't get around to it yesterday.  This is a major undertaking: she started making notes earlier in the week in the little notebook she carries with her.  As thoughts occurred to her about things we lacked in the pantry, she would note it down so that, when we came to the point of addressing the website, we would not be distracted by wondering about things we didn't need.

I always have to operate the computer.  Marilyn is very competent with technology but becomes frustrated when things go wrong and hates disturbing me to sort things out. Better to make me part of the process and I can deal with anything that's a bit out of the ordinary.

The first problem arose before we started: Coles online seemed to be offline.  No worry, we'll use Woolworths, she said.  Aren't we lucky to have a choice between Tweedledum or Tweedledee?

Twenty minutes later it is done and we have only ordered four or five extra items from those on her list.  The order will be here tomorrow between 10.00 and 4.00 but we weren't planning to go out anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment