Sunday, February 4, 2024

Monday, February 5

 Marilyn had booked to have some enhancement work done in her eyebrows so I offered to drive her and have a coffee while I was waiting. In fact, I found a comfy chair in the foyer of the shopping centre and waited until she had finished and we had coffee together.  While I was waiting I caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye of the local politician who lurks around the supermarket looking for people to talk to.  He usually does this on Saturday and/or Sunday morning but he must have thought a Monday excursion might bear fruit.

He was in his usual 'meet the public' outfit: unbuttoned blue blazer, 'stockman' trousers and cocky's hat.  His name is Polley which is pretty appropriate and I've had dealings with him over the years I was at Giant Steps.  He stopped to chat with the couple at the next table but I kept my head down, hoping he would pass me by.  I saw him looking at me with a quizzical look, 'Where do I know him from?' but, thankfully, he gave me a miss and moved on to some other poor mugs.

Just another day in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment