Saturday, February 24, 2024

Sunday, February 25

 It's been a bit busy and I haven't managed to scribble something down each day.  Having a visitor in the house changes the dynamic.  However, I'm back.

Marilyn commented that she needed  to buy a new doona; one of the older ones was getting quite shabby and needed to be replaced. Goodie, I thought, another job for Temu.  The prices were great and we knew that the quality would be excellent so I placed the order.  It arrived on Friday in a vacuum-sealed package. After I gave it a good shake, it was as I expected - beautifully made, lined with satin  ribbon.  The only problem was, it was too big.  I must have misread the dimensions.  No problem, I thought, I'll just order another one or cut a bit off this one.  It will be inside a cover and no-one will see a rough edge.

Not good enough!  So we spent yesterday afternoon shopping for a king-size doona cover to accommodate our cheap Chinese doona and  a new cover deserves new pillow cases as well.  So, our bargain from Temu was not such a bargain after all.

I had to order something else yesterday and I discovered the minimum order to get free delivery is now $45. That's going to put a spanner in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment