Saturday, February 17, 2024

Sunday, February 18

It's a beautiful day here; the sun is shining and there's not a sound to be heard.  Marilyn watches the sun streaming through our lounge-room windows and comments, idly, "Those windows are due for their annual clean.  I must ring whatsisname to come back and give them the once over."

"How much did he charge," I asked.

"I think it was $150," she replied.

My heart jumped in shock and I found myself volunteering to do it myself.  How hard could it be?

The outside was fine: a bucket of soapy water, a squeegee mop and a final hose off and I could stand back and think what a good job I had done.  The inside, though, is a different story.  I have to take off the fly screen to get at the glass.

"You just squeeze these two lugs and lift it out," Marilyn explained patiently but, no matter how much I squeezed, there was no movement. I'll have to wait for Jamie to drop by and see whether he can work it out.

Clearly the window-washer man charges for expertise as well as time on task. 


No comments:

Post a Comment