Monday, February 19, 2024

Tuesday, February 20

 Marilyn's gone off to some get-together this morning at the local RSL Club.  It's the group of ladies she met at Probus and, apart from the normal meeting, they have get-togethers to chat and have morning tea,  I suspect that the RSL poker machines are a bit of a draw but what would I know?

I have a couple of jobs to do while I have the house to myself.  The bird bath in the front garden needs attention.  There were three or four birds having their bath there this morning but, on inspection, it's a bit grubby.  I've mentioned before that I blame the 'planes flying in to Launceston airport but even if that's not true there's something black and sticky which keeps coming back.. That reminds me of a joke: what's black and sticky?  A licorice stick!  But I'm sure the pollution in my bird bath is not licorice.

I also have to write my story for Friday's group: three topics I haven't even looked at yet so I had better make that a priority.  I've just had a notification from Australia Post that a parcel will be delivered today: from Temu, no doubt, and I wonder what it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment