Saturday, February 10, 2024

Sunday, February 11

 It was my birthday yesterday, the one day of the year when I might expect to receive an odd 'phone call.  And, of course, it was just the day my mobile phone would choose to play up: something to do with the sound.  With these phones, they're cheaper to replace than to repair, especially if you buy lesser-know, brands like Oppo, as I do.  Jamie happened to drop in so I recruited him to drive me to JB Hifi to make a purchase.

I was surprised how difficult it was.  We ended up in Officeworks where they had an expensive display  I made my choice just to be told 'out of stock'.  The assistant suggested I walk next door to JB Hifi where I heard the same story.   I chose another model there, which was on special, but JB was out of stock and recommended I look next door (at Officeworks) in case they had one.  No, of course they didn't.  I made my third choice and requested it be in Glowing Gold colour.  "Out of stock, but we have it in black."I bought it anyway.

Apparently, stores around Australia are struggling to get supplies of popular mobile phones.  I wouldn't have thought Oppo was one of the sought-after brands but I don't have my finger on that particular pulse.

However, I spent an hour setting it up and transferring files and am now waiting for someone to ring me to see whether it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment