Friday, February 16, 2024

Saturday 17 (2)

 As planned, I went to the Berry Farm: my face is becoming familiar, I suspect, so the farmer knew I was there for the blackberries.  He suggested I head in a different direction, 'down past the apricot trees and look for one row of blackberries. Pick from the other side of the row,'  It was a goldmine and I picked two large punnets in no time.  Many of the berries were close to the ground so there was some stooping but, all-in-all, it was well worth it.

When I got home, Marilyn immediately rang Jamie to say there were berries to be had.  A bit rich, I thought - I pick the berries and he gets a share.  I needn't have worried; he arrived with half a crayfish to swap.  

I've squeezed a lemon and mixed it with mayonnaise and that will be the dressing.  Marilyn has cut up the cray and we'll have it with tiny tomatoes and thinly-sliced bread and butter.  Life's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment