Friday, September 2, 2022

Saturday, September 3

Life has fallen back into the usual routine after our trip to Sydney.  The weather is certainly better now that Spring is here.  I'd been neglecting the 'garden' because of our trip and persistent wet weather but I couldn't ignore the long grass any more.  It seemed to be responding to the onset of warmer weather by having a growth spurt so it was lush and green, desperately calling for a bit of attention.

I ran my hand through it on Thursday and concluded it was too wet to cut, putting off the inevitable.  Friday morning was warm again and I thought the lawn would benefit from a few more hours of drying out but, by 3 o'clock, I couldn't procrastinate any longer and set about it.

It wasn't much fun and it seemed to be getting wetter by the minute.  I ended up with a bag of saturated grass clippings, a mower which needed a wash, a motley patch of lawn which looked as if it had had a bad haircut and moist grass residue all over the concrete.  Looking out at it this morning, it will need a bit more attention to bring it back to its normal tidy state.  The sun is shining so I'm in a positive mood that everything will be alright in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment