Saturday, September 24, 2022

Sunday, September 25

 I'm deeply engrossed in Cold Grave and might have it finished by the end of the day.  It's a fairly standard whodunit with the only twist being that it's partly set in Dundee.  We recently saw a TV show set in Dundee and it looked like an interesting city: a good university and some tall ships as a tourist attraction.  There's one character in the book called Campbell Baxter, nicknamed Two Soups.  It rang a bell and I thought I had read it somewhere before, so I looked it up. 

It seems to have become a common meme in Scotland and has appeared in more than one book, and elsewhere.  I suppose when something interesting catches an author's or screenwriter's attention it's hard to resist claiming it as your own.  Of course, I would never do anything like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment