Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Thursday, September 8

One of the reasons that I try to get to the gym quite early in the morning is that I might have the place to myself and I don't have to put up with the dreadful music that assaults my ear.  I'm not always successful in being alone and almost everyone else puts the music on as a matter of course.  I started to notice that several people had those little white plastic sticks in their ears and were clearly listening to their own stuff and ignoring the onslaught from the big speakers.

Maybe it would work for me.  It was worth a try so I headed to eBay to check out the options.  Hmm! $319 for Genuine Apple AirPods sounds a bit steep so I opt for a generic brand for $12.99 with free postage.  I tried them yesterday for the first time and they are great: I can still hear the raucous rock in the background but it's easy to focus on my preferred podcasts playing in my ears.  Funnily enough, the one I was listening to yesterday was an interview with Sean Kelly about his book on Scott Morrison.

Even if they don't work, I would have continued to wear them, if only as a fashion statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment