Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Wednesday, September 14

I woke at about 5 this morning and wandered through to relieve my bladder.  It's not unusual but I find it hard to get back to sleep when it happens and I don't want to read and disturb Marilyn.  My mind is reasonably active, and I find myself thinking about what might happen during the day: not much, usually, so I fall back on what I might write in the blog.

I became aware that I was thinking of a list: like a shopping list or a list of things to do.  In my mind it was typed but, as I concentrated on it, it faded away leaving just one item.  

The numeral 6, followed by a full stop, two spaces and The Rivers of Ada full stop.

6.  The Rivers of Ada.

I knew I had to get up before that too faded from my brain.  It might be important and have some significance that I haven't considered.  My first thought is that it might be a book by someone like H. Rider Haggard or Edgar Rice Burroughs.  African, maybe, with Tarzan in it.

As usual, when I'm puzzled, I turn to the internet.  I type it in and there's no match for that phrase but, intriguingly, I discover that there is an Ada River in East Gippsland Victoria.  It's noted as 'perennial' and has a boutique winery there, a campground and is the site of the Ada River Car Rally.

Now what do I do with that information?  Maybe I'll just let it go and put it down to my fevered imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment