Sunday, December 4, 2022

Monday, December 5

I've often heard terms like Baby Boomers and Millenials bandied around and idly wondered what descriptive term they use for people like me: born during the war years and lived through the most productive period in the world's history to date.  This morning, I discovered I am part of the 'Silent Generation'.

Wow!  Could they have been more right?  It fits me to a T. I never complain, I never whinge, I just get on with life dealing with whatever fate hands me.  

According to Google, we of the Silent Generation handle adversity well (tick), we dealt with the COVID issue with 'stoic optimism', (tick) we value the stability of peacetime (tick), believe in 'waste not, want not' (tick), embrace traditional family values (tick) and take little for granted (tick).

It's nice to hear something positive about the group I belong to even though that group is rapidly disappearing.  The Silent Generation was born before 1946 so there can't be that many of us left.  

No comments:

Post a Comment