Friday, December 9, 2022

Saturday, December 10

Browsing the headlines this morning tells me that the most important thing happening in the world today is the Football World Cup, and that's as it should be.  The news from Ukraine is depressing, Victoria celebrates another 'Danslide', and there's an oversupply of mangoes (or is it mangos?). 

Should I be bothered that Harry and Meghan are 'hitting back at criticism' or that Elon Musk's net worth has halved?  I'm afraid I can't get raise any enthusiasm for either issue.  I suspect the world would be a better place if Harry and Meghan, and Elon Musk moved to a desert island and became hermits.

I sent out our Christmas letter yesterday and already have received several replies.  Perhaps the most interesting one is from our friend Mary who is spending Christmas in Kyoto.  She has rented a small townhouse (machiya) on the Tasegawa Canal and she tells us the weather is sunny and crisp.  It sounds fantastic and we can visualise exactly where she is.  Yes, I suppose I am a bit envious.



No comments:

Post a Comment