Saturday, December 3, 2022

Sunday, December 4

I must sleep very soundly.  Marilyn asked me this morning whether I had heard Archie barking in the middle of the night and I had to confess that I hadn't.  She said it was probably loud enough to wake the neighbours and she wondered what had set him off.  Her first thought was that there was somebody in the yard, but I think it was probably next door's cat wandering where she shouldn't.

In fact, we had been shopping yesterday and bought some new towels. Marilyn had washed them and I had hung then out late in the afternoon.  It's rare for us to leave washing on the line overnight but an alert 'snowdropper' could have had a good haul if he had come by at the right time.

The yard, of course, is surrounded by 5 foot high walls and the gate is always locked so a passing burglar is an unlikely scenario.  The real issue is why didn't Archie's barking wake me up?  What if it had been a real emergency and I had slept through it?


No comments:

Post a Comment