Friday, December 23, 2022

Saturday, December 24

I seem to have been up for ages.  Archie woke us early, barking loudly, then rushing outside to rush up and down the back yard trying to wake all the neighbours.  I finally calmed him down and any potential home invaders had taken to their heels, but it was impossible to get back to sleep.  Marilyn decided she would have a cup of coffee; she alway has two milk arrowroot biscuits with her first coffee of the day and she happily shares them with Archie.  It's become part of the routine when he is with us.  This morning, though, she decided 'no biscuits, naughty dogs don't get treats'.  I'm not sure his doggy brain would have made the connection between barking at imaginary burglars and being deprived of biscuits.  But, what do I know?

I arrived at the gym a bit earlier than normal; every light was on in every area but there was only one bloke there.  I haven't seen him before; he was big with a folded towel over his head held down by pair of headphones.  I think he might have seen too many Rocky movies.  He walked around a lot and made moves with some of the equipment but I don't think he was serious.  I finished my routine and, when I left, he was still there posing beside various machines.  I hope somebody else turned up soon to give him an audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment