Friday, December 2, 2022

Saturday, December 3

I had always thought that I would find it difficult to fill my time when I was no longer working and trying to take advantage of any spare moments by being involved in various other activities.  I'm lucky that I have always enjoyed reading and have never had trouble switching off from society for a a few hours to immerse myself in a book.  But there needs to be more to life than concentrating on a book while the world passes by.

But now that I've reached that time of life where paid work is a rarity rather than an imperative, where going to a social occasion hardly ever happens and the highlight of a particular day might be to visit the podiatrist, the days seem to be passing faster than ever.  For example, it's 69 days to my birthday: a milestone birthday, in fact, after which I can't pretend that I'm middle-aged any more.  How long is 69 days?  Let's think: 69 days ago was September 26. and, checking back on this blog I find I was writing about what I was doing to fill my days.  'What's it all about?' I was asking.  Was that nearly 10 weeks ago?  And, what's happened in the interim?

I feel I'm in a speeding car, hurtling along to an unknown destination with me holding on trying to make sense of it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment